GEA-FLAT RT System
100%Ontario Made! All Racking is built and manufactured in London Ontario using locally purchased raw materials.
Features and Benefits
• Non-penetrating ballasted or tethered racking solution
• Easy install, limited parts for on the job assembly
• Design flexibility with grid adaptability during install
• Ballast distribution optimized throughout
• State of the art Wind tunnel testing at University of Western Ontario, WINDEE dome
• 90% preassembled in shop and ready for install upon
• shipment to site
• Low profile resists winds and complies with Ontario Building Code snow load height restrictions, resulting in reduced snow accumulation on rooftop
• Elevated system provides roof membrane visibility for rooftop inspections and maintenance
• Further benefits of the elevated design are the ability of the panels to shed snow, resulting in improved winter time yield performance and reduced snow days for production optimization
The GEA-FLAT RT System is the culmination of many years of field performance testing and engineering improvement, as well as shop testing and improvement through wind dynamics testing and studies. It is designed with the Ontario Climate and building industry conditions in mind. Our principals represent several generations living in Ontario and fully understand the expected climate conditions.
The GEA-FLAT RT System allows the solar modules to perform at their optimum with tilts ranging from a minimum of 10 degrees to as high as 25 degrees. This enables the system owner to balance the annual production potential of the array with the desired power density given the roof top area available for the system.
The slightly elevated nature of the system provides high visibility for roofing professionals to both maintain and inspect roof membranes under the solar modules. The system does not obscure the view of the roof membrane or block drainage.
The GEA FLAT RT system can accommodate a variety of panel dimensions and row configurations. The components are designed to provide enough flexibility to adjust to the desired panel dimension. German Energy Alternatives systems are designed to meet the most stringent engineering design standards.
Racking Material | Extruded Aluminum Frame Material Structural Grade; 6061-T6 (310MPa)
Ballast | Concrete
Panel Attachment | Extruded Aluminum Frame Material – Structural Grade; 6061- T6 (310MPa), Hardware nuts, and washers
Panels per Rack pair | One or Two vertical modules, landscape orientation
Tilt options | 10 to 22 degrees
Height | Single Row -20 inches, Double Row – 28 inches
Weight (with panel and ballast) | 3.5 to 6 psf
Warranty | 10 years limited
Design Applications | Designed for Flat Commercial Rooftop Space, non-penetrating ballasted or tethered solutions for PV solar arrays on low slope or flat rooftops